Saturday, January 24, 2009

An interview with... Nina!

I'm starting a serie of interviews with girls, which I think have a greay sense of style!
This first interview is with Nina. She loves high heels and dresses ( I know the feeling) and I just love her style! I really wanted to share it with all of you. She inspires me and I hope she also will inspire you.
Photobucket

Tell us something about yourself.
I'm Nina, 17 years old and I'm doing 5vwo (for the people who aren't Dutch, 5vwo is actually high school and the year before the senior year). I live in Den Bosch and I want to do something with journalism, I prefer fashion journalism.

What does fashion and beautiful clothes mean to you?
Fashion and clothes make me happy. When I wear a good outfit, no one can ruin my day anymore. Finding something in a store or online what I love, can also make me very happy and I can't get that certain item out of my head. Clothes and fashion are just really important to me.

Photobucket

How would you describe your personal style? Sweet and girly.
I almost always wear a dress. My favourite colors are pastel pink and green. I also love a lot of prints. Flowers and dots are my fauvorite. The accent in my outfit is almost always at the waist. I love high heels, but I also wear flats.

Wich item in your closet couldn’t you live without?
A basic black dress. The fit is really tight, it has short sleeves and has a widely cut neckline. It can easily be worn with very high-heels or flats and colourful tights.

Photobucket

For what piece of clothing that hangs in your closet, do you feel the most ashamed of?
This big, grey, man cardigan from the H&M. It’s really comfy to wear and I always wear it as a coat when I go out. And sometimes, not often, when I’m not feeling to well, I wear it to school.

Do you often have mis-buys or do you wear everything you buy?
No, nowadays, I hardly ever have mis-buys. I always think before I buy, wether I’m going to wear it or not. Every dress will come in handy at some occasion.

Photobucket

Did you ever had the feeling you wanted to fit in as for clothing, because you don’t look like the average teenager?
No, not at all. I always had the feeling I wanted to look different, because the crowd was looking dull. Björn Borg, cowboyboots, Uggs. I’m not that into trends.

Did you ever had unpleasant comments on your clothing, and if so, how did/do you deal with it?
Yes, I used to. I wore wide skater-pants and I was sometimes told I was ugly. But hey, just don’t respond to negative people, then they’ll find it far les fun.
Photobucket

Maybe tips for the people who want to wear their own style, but are afraid?
Just do it! Go shopping and buy what you really like, not what the half of your school is wearing.

What is your favorite trend right now?
High heels with platforms, it's great when you're that short as me!
Photobucket

Which trend do you think is awful?
The wide-leg jeans, just because it doesn't fit my body type. While I would love to have such a beautiful jeans à la That 70's Show!

Do you have a fashion-icon? Or a website where you get inspiration?
Hihi, you always give me inspiration! You have beautiful vintage dresses and a really jealous making shoe collection. For the rest I think that Stylemob is a really inspiring site and the EG forum stays a good inspirationsource.

Photobucket

What would you never, but then also never wear on the fashion area?
Something that is too small, or doesn't suit me. I think it's very important that your own clothes look beautiful on you. I think it's just as important that the clothes are beautiful (okay, there are limits)

Is there something you would like to say to the people who read this?
Cliché, but so true: wear where you feel comfortable in!

Photobucket

I hope you liked this interview! There will be more. I'm still looking for some girls or perhaps boys (?) to interview. So, if you know someone you think should be here or you want me to interview you. Just send me an email. But I'm not doing so many interviews, so I can't interview everyone (like I'll get many emails...)

22 comments:

Seeker said...

Great interview, dear!!!
And such lovely outfits.
I didn't know Nina, she's cute.

Have a great weekend dear

xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie! That lace, leather and shoe combo is killing me softly.

Anonymous said...

ik weeet niet naar welk mail adres ik je moet mailen dus zet ik het maar hier
misschien moet je eens op kethsi.blogspot.com kyken ik vind haar stijl ook heel leuk ?

Sam said...

Die kan je vinden als je naar 'over mij' gaat en dan staat er links contact. Maar ik kan de site niet vinden

Raquel said...

I love her style, especially all the lace and polka dots!! supercute!
xx

yiqin; said...

I love the shape of the dresses she wears :) She seems really cool from the interview!!!

matekate said...

Really nice interview :) how can i find nina's blog? i think she has one?!

Sam said...

Oh, no! She doesn't have a blog. At least, as far as I know. She does has a stylemob. http://www.stylemob.com/user.php?login=Ninaa_tjee

Demi said...

oh she has fabulous style! I love her dresses!

and wow, your new shoes below this post are amazing honey!!

xx

Noelle Chantal said...

really nice dresses! great interview! :)

Anonymous said...

love the interview idea. its so inspirational to see what other people wear when you don't know what to wear. keep them coming :). i'd email you, but i really don't know anyone (other than myself, not to brag or anything) that is really stylish, not just fashionable but goes thrifty and wears vintage clothes. sorry. and your little sarcastic comment at the end cracked me up. i set up an email account for my blog and i've gotten exactly zero emails. zip zilch nada. except for occasionally i get these weird random people saying my email won money, which i promptly delete.
xoxo,
Micaela

cherie said...

Hi! Please check my blog for the Fabulous blog award I pass on you!

Yulan said...

Ik kende haar al van het ellegirl forum, ze heeft een tegekke stijl! Leuk idee van die intervieuws

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

Hi Sam,
I like your blog! Can you maybe take a look at mine sometime (suz-xx.blogspot.com), maybe you can do a style interview with me once, so I can get some adverisement :P I'd like to study something with fashion as well, but I don't really feel like a very fashionable person, more like someone who likes to do creative things with her appearance. But well, please take a look.
xx
Suzanne

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

By the way, I saw your lookbook, your style is amazing!

I'll send you an email as well, in case you won't check your comments very often.
x

Anonymous said...

Quote: ik weeet niet naar welk mail adres ik je moet mailen dus zet ik het maar hier
misschien moet je eens op kethsi.blogspot.com kyken ik vind haar stijl ook heel leuk ?

Het is http://ketshi.blogspot.com, diegene had de H en S omgedraaid. Is inderdaad een leuk blog!

Anonymous said...

She has great style. nice interview!

Helen said...

Great interview. Nina has great fashion sense!

In-tree-gue said...

wow she dresses so well =)

cherie said...

i love all her dresses! great interview.

Anonymous said...

I have a blog now!

http://modelexicon.web-log.nl/

Thanks for your comments!!

Jennifer said...

Super! nina heeft nu zelf ook een web-log :)

http://modelexicon.web-log.nl/