Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hiding behind my yellow paint

I'm back! The blogging break is over and I'm posting again. For today 6 posts. They're about the Amstel Hotel, my old outfits, our ex-christmas tree, my latest purchases, a new love-this-look of the week and ofcourse an outfit! Hope thate compesate my lack of posts, because of my absence. And if not, that's then a shame. But I can't help it.

I had a great christmas holiday and it's a pity that it's already over. Tomorrow is my last day off and then it's back working hard for school. In the meantime I'm just going to enjoy my amazing shoes. But I was wearing my new Miu Miu heels! I love them so much (I actually love almost all my shoes, but they're in my top 5). And I was wearing some tights that I already bought months ago, but never wore. So I thought it was time to get them out of the bag (I have a bag full of tights. Not really handy). I must admit that I missed blogging. It's weird not to post things, even when I do have the time. But I also wasn't feeling like it. I'm glad I took a little break, so now I'm dedicated to it again. Hope you all also are glad I'm back again! I missed all the nice and sweet comments.

But I also have something really cool to tell you! I think (I was asked for it, but I'm not sure it's going to happen) I'm going to be in the Brazilian fashion magazine 'Catarina'! I really jumped about 2 meters in the sky when I read it. I already did some interviews for a couple of sites, but this is just big! It would be so amazing if they put me in it. I will let you know, when I'm in it!

And now finally my outfit!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shirt, Mango
Waistbelt, vintage
Skirt, selfmade
Tights, can't remember
Little bow, gift
Necklace, gift
Cardigan, H&M
Pumps, Miu Miu
Headband, gift

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your pumps!!!
xoxo,
Micaela

Esmée said...

Vind het gele erg mooi staan bij je haar, het valt nog meer op door het contrast:)
Leuke blog-posts!

xxx

Love + Cake said...

OMG! You have the cutest blog!! And I love your style :) We should exchange links! It's cool that you're a fashion student-how're you liking it?

Love, Mavvie

chelsea said...

your waist looks ssooo teeny tiny.

Song of Style said...

ure so pretty!
love the girliness of the outfit!

Toni said...

as cute as always! i love it. and you're wearing my favorite color! i can't believe you made that skirt. i'm so jealous of your seamstress skills!

toni

Eli said...

I love your yellow top and new yellow room!

giggleness said...

love the outfit!
i got a skit kind of looking like the one you have for xmas and this gave me a bit of inspiration of how i can wear it. :)
you made your skirt? thats way awesome.
xx

Shes Dressing Up said...

You look lovely!
Well done on the magazine feature!

Anonymous said...

@>-->--- A Rose and <3 A Heart because I love this ensemble Sam. I love the use of yellow and I love the cinched waist. A very classic look that you've updated and wear exceptionally well.

Xx

Demi said...

thank you :)
and yes, I love pink skies too, they're so gorgeous.
my favourite outfit ever on you, i love this, those tights are gorgeous!!
and wow, congratulations about the magazine thing! wow, sweetie, well done!! :D
and yes, I am very glad you are back!! i've missed your posts!!
xx

Yulan said...

Wow, jij hebt prachtig haar! Die haarkleur is perfect! Hele leuke outfit en ben blij dat je weer terug bent :) Miste je updates al!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and Happy New Year. I love the yellow in your room and I love your outfit, especially the shoes.

Anonymous said...

What a cute yellow shirt... it's a great match for the skirt ^^.

Blauwe sokken said...

Waaauw dat gele shirtje in combinatie met je rok, panty én je schoenen staat echt geweldig!! Love it!

www.janetteria.com said...

Hi Sam,

I love your mustar shirt and pumps... Great choice, baby!

xoxo: Janet

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

So pretty, as always :)

Eyeliah said...

I did a feature post on you today, I hope you don't mind. :-) Post is here: http://stylesymmetry.com/?p=713

lizbeth said...

Welcome back! Just so you know, I've linked to your blog on mine because it's a blog that I love to read. You don't have to swap links or do the same for me if you don't want to, but if you're willing, I'd love if you would.

Anonymous said...

wauw really love the outfit,
the skirt mostly

and what is your top 5 of your shoes?

Andrea Eames said...

Ooh, I love the yellow and the shape of the skirt! And the little bow on the neckline is so cute. :)

Congrats on being featured in the magazine too, that's exciting!

Lavender said...

So cute. That yellow colour looks great on you.

Anonymous said...

Ik heb juist je blog gevonden en oh darling, je bent fabulous! Je bent als een klein porseleinen popje! XD
En congrats met je feature in dat magazine ^-^

Ariella said...

you look so cute! I absoluetly adore that blouse and those pumps. You're so lucky to own a pair of Miu Miu pumps!

Oh, and congratulations on the Brazilian magazine! Did they contact you?

I also really love those vintage purchases you made in Amsterdam.

yiqin; said...

Yellow looks so good on you & I am in love wit your tights! You are so pretty!

Parapluie said...

I love the yellow, the skirt and the tights!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Van alle outfits die je ooit hebt gehad, staat deze zeer zekers in mijn top 10!

Ik vind de overeenkomst tussen jouw top en het behang heel leuk! Geeft sfeer!

xxx Rebecca

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

cute outfit,spring feelings!

Nia said...

cute outfit! you are so adorable..and i want your room!

Anonymous said...

Aw I love it all :)
and the yellow really suits you!

Vanessa said...

heey! somehow i found you in google and just fell in love with your blog!
u have such great sense of fashion!
ur looks are just amazing!
and i was really impressed when i saw that u're only 17! i'm almost 17 and still in highschool, 1 year to go to fashion school... :/

anyway, congratulations on the catarina magazine! i'm brazilian, but i think that this magazine is not distributed in my state, 'cause i've never seen it, but I searched and looks like a great fashion magazine!

;D

p.s.:sorry about my english. :P

Katja Cintja said...

you're outfit is so wunderful!!
and i really love your hair..
rock on katjacintja

uneventriΔngle said...

ooee geel! Dat zie ik niet
heel vaak, mij staat het
ook niet haha. Maar ik vind
het bij jou/deze outfit heel
erg leuk! Volgens mij heb
jij heeeel veel kleren!

Noemi Sunshine Ferst said...

You look so cute,.
Like a doll.
xx.

Sam said...

At first, again thank you all for the nice and sweet comments! They really always make me happy. Even on bad days!

@ Maverick
Aah thank you so much! And sure, let's exchange links! And I do like my fashion education, but I also like a lot of other things.

@ giggleness
Glad I could give you some inspiration haha. And yes, I made the skirt myself, but with a little help of my grandmother.

@ Grant
Thank you so much for the oh so sweet comment!

@ Eyeliah
Really?! Ofcourse I don't mind! I'm really flattered actually. That's so incredibly sweet.

@ Lizbeth
Thank you and I also really like your blog, so I will link you back ^^

@ Siel
Je mag ook Nederlands praten hoor. Wel zo makkelijk en ik zal wel is een post maken over m'n top 5 schoenen!

@ Ariella
Thanks! And I'm also VERY glad that I have those Miu Miu pumps. They're amazing. And yes, the magazine contacted me at lookbook. I really hope I'm going to be in it! That would be sooo exciting!!

@ Vanessa
Thank you for your sweet comment! You found my blog through google? How cool! And only 17? I have the feeling that it's already 17. I feel so old!

p.s. Your English isn't bad!

@ Dream on
Haha, jep! Ik heb zeker heel veel kleding. Onderhand 3 kledingrekken vol. Oeps...