Sunday, February 1, 2009

An interview with.. Duong!

At first something that hasn't to do anything with this interview. But I wanted to thank everyone who commented at my last post. Thank you all for the sweet and kind words! They made me happy and they gave me a big smile. I also felted kind of relieved. That nobody had something negative to say! Again, thank you all so much! I'm glad I have such wonderful readers!

And now the interview with Duong! I saw her pictures at a forum topic at a site called Girlscene. I immediately liked her style and pictures! I asked if she wanted to do an interview for my blog and here it is! Hope you all are going to enjoy it!

Photobucket

Tell us something about yourself.
Well, I’m Duong Tran (pronounce as Juung) I am a secondary school student and this year I will pass my exams (hopefully). I want to study psychology after I passed my exams. Actually I want to study fashion, but I don’t think I am ready to let go of all my creativity. Maybe after psychology I will study fashion. I live in a small town called ‘Deventer’, and its soooo BORING!

What does fashion and beautiful clothes mean to you?
It means the world to me. You can wake me up at 4 o’clock in the morning for some fashion finds.
Photobucket
How would you describe your personal style?
I live day by day, so I wear everyday something else (except for lazy days or during weekends). One day I will wear something chic and the next day baggy clothes. I wear dresses with killer shoes or bohemian clothes with flats. I love wearing clothes with a lot of variety. My taste changes every now and then, so maybe I have a wacky personal style?

Witch item in your closet couldn’t you live without?
I don’t know actually, but if you make me choose I think I would choose my oversized sweater. I LOVE IT.
Photobucket
For what piece of clothing that hangs in your closet, do you feel the most ashamed of?
I don’t have any =). If I hate something in my closet I would throw it away or burn it. OR I’ll give it to Africa =P

Do you often have miss-buys or do you wear everything you buy?
No, I only buy things that I really really want. If I have any doubt with it, I think twice before buying.
Photobucket
Did you ever have the feeling you wanted to fit in as for clothing, because you don’t look like the average teenager?
But like: What DO the average teenagers wear? Do you mean girls wearing their jeans in their boots? No way! I don’t want to disappear in the crowd, my goal is to outshine them =p Hhahahahahha. No I am just kidding; I just want to look different.

Did you ever had unpleasant comments on your clothing, and if so, how did/do you deal with it?
I don’t think so. But like, sometimes people look arrogant or weird at you; you know the feeling, that uncomfortable look. They look at you from head to toe. But I don’t really care though, just ignore it. But if you feel insecure in your clothes, you shouldn’t wear them. You’ll just care about the ‘negative’ comments.
Photobucket
Maybe tips for the people who want to wear their own style, but are afraid?
Don’t wear clothes that make you feel uncomfortable.

What is your favorite trend right now?
I love the nude colours.
Photobucket
Which trend do you think is awful?
The wide leg jeans. It’s the ugliest trend ever. It unflattering.

Do you have a fashion-icon? Or a website where you get inspiration?
I love designers like zac posen, jan taminiau or marc Jacobs. But I get my inspiration at lookbook, satorialist, bryan, fashionation and trendland.
Photobucket

What would you never, but then also never wear on the fashion area?
A see - through - shirt. I think it’s ugly if you see the nipples.

Is there something you would like to say to the people who read this?
Are u interested in my life? Kadu.nl/duong

Photobucket
Photobucket

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this interview! And next week there will be a new one! At least, I try to have a new one then!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like everything
but there are lovely things :)

yiqin; said...

Very interesting interview! the picture of you wit the HUGE bow is freaking adorable!

Raquel said...

I love her hair accessories. x

Mimi said...

She's super cute and so funny.

Eri said...

Hello there,
I just came across your blog and very much enjoyed.
Please come and visit mine too!
It' s a fashion blog inspired by Portobello Road, London. Also with outfits and fashion blurbs!
See you soon.

terren said...

What a great interview! and this girl is so cute :)

little daisy chains. said...

I'm really liking these interviews, Sam.
Very interesting!

Super Noodle Rach said...

THAT BOW!!!great opening picture...u enticed me into reading the whole post!!and wow..i wish i was that trendy when i was in high school...people now days are so ahead of the game than anyone ever was when I was at school!

cherie said...

She has great style! nice interview, i love reading it.

Jen said...

Great interview - she has a wonderful style!!

Unknown said...

She is too awesome for words! I'm not sure I'm ready for nipples out in full force in public either!

M said...

Skirts are great!

Larissa said...

Great interview and great photos too - I love Duong's style.

x

FASHIONITA said...

Hooi Sam,

Ik vind het super leuk dat je intervieuws doet voor je blog.
En ik zou jou nu willen vragen voor mijn blog voor een mini intervieuw omdat ik je stijl amazing vindt en ik het ook leuk vindt om ander stijlen op mijn blog te laten zien bijv. de jouwe.
Lijkt het je wat zou je dan plies contact willen opnemen via mijn blog.
Ik hoor hopelijk wat van je?

groetjes Fashionita

DaisyChain said...

Fantastic interview doll,
really excellent
(this from a journalism student who ought to be following your example and improve her skills!)

Baybay Mama said...

She's great!

marina said...

haha jùùùng iscool (:
leuk interview.